This initiative aims to foster a vibrant and sustainable AI ecosystem in Nigeria by providing financial support, facilitating knowledge sharing and collaboration among individuals and organisations in the AI industry.
Up to N5,000,000 each for 45 successful AI researchers or
start-ups in the following areas among others
- Education and Workforce
- Consortium that includes a start-up or technology company, Nigerian academic researcher or a foreign researcher
- Must have a research proposal that aligns with the Federal Ministry of Communications, Innovation and Digital Economy’s AI priority areas
- The applicant must have a detailed proposal outlining the project and its potential impact on the Nigerian economy
- Must have a demonstrable track record of excellence in research or entrepreneurship
- Must be able to publish at least one peer-reviewed article within one year of receiving the grant
- The application opens on October 13, 2023, and ends November 15, 2023
- Applications must be submitted through the designated online channel provided below
- The proposals will be evaluated by a panel of AI experts
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified via email and invited for an interview
- Successful applicants will be notified via email.
- Grant applications will be reviewed by a panel of AI experts. The selection criteria will include:
- Novelty and originality of the research proposal
- Applicant’s track record of excellence in research or entrepreneurship
- Alignment of the research with the Ministry’s AI priority areas
- Feasibility of the project.
Method of Application
Interested applicants can apply via the below link address
All the best